Instead of spending hundreds of dollars on a plane ticket, why not jump in your car with a bunch of friends and explore somewhere you’ve never seen before? For my way too short mid-term break (that’s actually 3/4 of the way through the semester because uni is weird), this is exactly what I did. Here’s to four days at Noosa Heads!
- A rooftop spa with nothing standing between me and the stars
- Licking honeycomb ice cream as it dripped down my hand
- Watching fish darting along the sand around my feet
- Exploring the headlands with Ash, tubes of sunscreen falling out of our pockets
- Drinking hot chocolate on the beach with butterflies flitting around our feet and sweat sliding under our sunglasses
- Painting planets on our skin in henna as the sun set, listening to the Teen Beach Movie soundtrack (trust me, crusin’ for a bruisin’ is a real banger)
- Suffering a WAR ZONE of injuries
- Permanent tan lines from severe sunburn (it’s currently peeling, ew)
- Skidding along the ground chasing after my brother, the bitumen ripping up the skin on my thighs
- Burning the tops of my legs sliding around on an inflatable rubber obstacle course floating in a river
The injuries were worth it though… You can check out the trip below!